Tuesday 23 February 2010

Two Roads Diverged

These are the first three words to a favourite poem of mine by Robert Frost. If you haven't had the pleasure I urge you to read it.

I have to confess, I'm feeling rather lonely out here in the blogosphere. If you are following me, or have had a read and like what you see - please leave me a comment. Just so I can be sure someone out there is reading my thoughts.

So...it was pointed out to me that I left last week's entry on a bit of a downer. I apologise for leaving you in suspense. After much thought and deliberation I realised that the path I wished to go down was one where I could generate more creative ideas, return to my writing and work solely under the one name - Overlook Films www.overlookfilm.com. I came into contact with Overlook just over a year ago when the director, Anthony O'Callaghan (www.anthonyoc.com) for "Waiting" was in need of a producer. I jumped at the offer of such an opportunity and greatly appreciate being made so welcome to such a wonderful co-operative of filmmakers. It is was through this project that project offers snowballed and I ultimately ended up doing far too much than was really feasible for one little 23 year old. Facing what I had been avoiding for too long, I made a choice - the best one.

1 comment:

  1. I too, have taken the road less travelled by - and it has made all the difference. That's what it means to be an independent filmmaker. The road may not always be a smooth one - but ultimately its the most satisfying. Keep blogging, Joey - and I'll see you at the Oscars.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete